My Take on Life...

What's going on in my world...

Monday, February 13, 2006

Nursery Update

So the crown is now up, and the rope light is in - it is going to be so perfect to be able to barely turn on the light to check on little Sam! BJ is working so hard on it - and he needs to be studying! He just has to paint the crown (I told him to do that before he put it up, but that's ok, he can do it the hard way if he likes!!!!) and move the furniture back into the room... Once I figure out how to post pictures, I will post some of the nursery - no promises of how soon that will be!!!
We went to our first class on Saturday! It was for breastfeeding... so, you can imagine me and BJ in this class watching this woman playing with a fake booby and a fake baby - demonstrating for us how to hold it (didn't know you had to position yourself) and how to hold the baby! THEN, there was the video... which was a little dated, but, in BJ's words, "could they not have found fatter and uglier women to show us their stuff???" This one woman had the blackest nipples that were the size of dinner plates - they were HUGE!!!! On a serious note, though, we did learn a lot (which wasn't hard, b/c we knew about ZERO when we went in there), and I feel much more prepared - and at least we know a little more of what to expect!
My first shower is coming up on Saturday, so I am looking forward to that... I have such great friends!!! I can't wait to be able to spend some time with them over the next few weeks!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home