My Take on Life...

What's going on in my world...

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Red Letter Day

Well, today (and yesterday) is a red letter day for little Sammy...

He officially REACHED!!!!! He has reached for a toy, and, when (my) Mama came in and bent over the pack 'n play, he reached up to her!!!!!! He then reached for Pop Pop!!!!! Has he reached for his mommy yet????? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His head is so much steadier, he's awake more (although he slept a lot yesterday in the car). He has actually "skipped" his midnight feedings lately and slept on through... he has gone TWELVE hours between feedings this week!!!!!! I suppose he would have done this sooner, but I would keep waking him up for his 11 or 12 feedings at night. I just didn't a couple of nights ago, and he slept just fine until morning!!!!! Another duh moment for me!!! I will admit that I woke up about 3 am and didn't sleep well until he FINALLY got up at 7:30, because I just knew he would be waking up at any moment!!!! I did better the next night, though! I just couldn't ask for more from this little guy!

One more story: about 3 or 4 weeks ago, I had him in my bed while I was getting ready, and he started crying. I PROMISE it was like this... AHHHHHHHH!!!!! MAMA!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Now, I'm not putting it in his baby book or anything, but I swear that's what he said - I only report the truth!!!!!

And let me just give a shout-out to wearing the proper sized diapers... works much better! He had a rather large poo today, and it was ALL contained!!!! Woo! Hoo!!! For those with kids, you're probably laughing at me - for those of you expecting or that will be doing this one day... take heed --- use the diapers that the baby's weight is on the LOWER end of the size, not necessarily the UPPER end, and you'll be much more successful!!!! Took my mom almost FOUR months to get that through my thick head!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    May I say that Sam would probably still have "plumber's crack" if Pop-Pop and I had not bought size 3s and had Sam in them when we met BJ to return him from his week-end at our house? Believe me, I don't want Sam to grow up any faster than Tammy does, but he IS a healthy, GROWING baby and he DOES need to change sizes! He had a major poo at our house with the new diapers and no accidents! I just taped up all of the old diapers for them to save and had the new ones ready to use!

    Pop-Pop and I really do appreciate that BJ and Tammy share Sam with us--he just happens to be a baby that I could hold and love on 24/7 and never let go! I just never realized how much I would love my grandson! He is just the most wonderful present God has given to our family!

     
  • At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
    »

     
  • At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home