My Take on Life...

What's going on in my world...

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

MISSING

At 4:15 this morning, one of my best friends called... you know it's not good when a call comes in that early.

Melissa was calling to tell me that Jimmy's (her boyfriend) mom is missing... she left at noon yesterday to go run errands then to bike down the Silver Comet Trail (starts over in Smyrna off of Cobb Parkway and the East/West Connector). She usually goes about 25 miles then comes back that 25 miles. Well, they started worrying around dark, and went to where she parks to start riding and her van was still there, and no sign of her. They immediately began searching, and have been searching all night.

The police have been notified, and I'm not sure if they have been searching with them last night or not. Jimmy and his family and friends are still out there. At 6:30 this morning (Wednesday), the police are meeting and organizing a search team. They are asking as many people as can to come help. My first reaction is, "I'm on my way." Then, I realize I have a 4 month old that can't be out in the heat, and would be more of a liability than a help... I have been praying for Jimmy's mom, Melissa, Jimmy and Jimmy's family non-stop since I have found out. I don't know what else to do! I feel so helpless!!!!

Please join me in praying for them as well...

If you are willing and able, they are meeting at the elementary school located near the start of the Silver Comet Trail (I am not sure of the name) at 6:30 am, and I am sure authorities will be there throughout the day to organize as more people show up throughout the day.

I will keep you all updated... just please pray...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home