My Take on Life...

What's going on in my world...

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My Crazy Weekend

So here goes...
Friday night, BJ and I went to a CPR class for infants and children. If I can just remember 5:1 (5 compressions to 1 rescue breath) I will be just fine! It was a great class, and BJ and I feel a little more prepared for little Sam's arrival! I just really hope that we NEVER have to use any of this because I think I would just freak out and go blank!
Saturday was my first shower with the girls (ladies - I still think of us as kids, I guess) from my small group. Kimberly did an awesome job setting up and making it special - as she always does - it had a brown and blue polka dot theme - SO CUTE! Funny story, though, my mom came by the house to pick me up, so I was directing her around the backroads to Kimberly's house. She finally looked at me and said, "we've never gone to your church this way before." I said, "Oh, well, it's at Kimberly's house, so we're not going towards church." She said that she thought the invitation said it was at Cross Pointe. We called Daddy - had him go inside the house and look at the invitation... low and behold, it was at Cross Pointe. Well, crap, I was late to my own shower!!!!!! I know I am late to pretty much everything, but I was actually going to be EARLY to the shower!!! We hightailed it over to the church - we were only 5 minutes late, but, of course, I have to live with yet another dumb blond moment on my record!!! I never knew an Escalade could rev up that hard - but Mama can make a car do anything - she always has been capable of driving the wheels off of anything!!!! Right, Daddy??? It was great for a laugh nonetheless - even if it was at my expense!!!! What's new?
Sunday was Stacey's shower - one of my friends from high school. She is due 4 days before me! It was great to see my friends from back-in-the-day, and Stacey really racked up on lots of good stuff!!! It's so awesome that we all still talk and hang out and keep in touch - I love those girls!
Monday, BJ had to work, but I have those wonderful banker's holidays, so if 'Your Momma' has a birthday, then I get the day off!!! It's great! I went out to Mama and Daddy's and spent the day with them. We went through mine and Bo's baby stuff - the coolest was our baby books. Letters from Mama, and seeing how much we grew and all that was really neat - Bo grew much faster than I did, but he had further to go, I guess! We pulled our old cradle down. Mama wouldn't let me help clean it up, but they did that after I left, and said it looks as good as new. That's what Sam will sleep in when he sleeps in our room! BJ now has the furniture back in the nursery, and it really looks like it's close to ready for a baby to come home to! Mama and Daddy are going to put the final touches on the nursery next week, then we can organize and we'll be ready (the room anyway)!!! (Maybe I will have figured out how to post pictures by then!)
I can't believe Sam will be here in less than 10 weeks! Some moments I'm so excited to see him and hold him - other moments I am scared to death, and just want him to stay where he is for awhile longer!!!
I always find myself thinking of Mattie and Beth, who are adopting a boy from Guatemaula. He was born on Nov 15, and all they have so far are a few pictures! My heart hurts so bad, because they have this beautiful baby boy that they have yet to be able to hold! Hopefully, we will see him by the end of March or early April! KEEP PRAYING!!! Although, we are both incredibly blessed to have baby boys, I know it must be so hard to know your baby is here in this world, and not be able to be there with him! Keep your heads up, Mattie and Beth - yall are SO INCREDIBLE, and once he gets here, you will forget all this pain you are going through right now!!!
See? The weekend was busy and crazy, but well-worth every bit of it! One day, we'll slow down, but I think we have at least 18 more years of craziness ahead of us... probably more!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home