My Take on Life...

What's going on in my world...

Sunday, July 30, 2006

My randomness

Lots to blog about this time, so I'll just go in sequential order (imagine me - needing a plan!!!)

Sam laughed - and I heard it! It was Thursday morning and we were visiting the girls at the bank. Carolyn got him to laugh... a short ha-ha! It was music to my ears!!! I have only heard it once since, though!!!!

Melissa has been with Jimmy and his family non-stop. Her parents are in town as well. I have spoken with her, but only briefly, and have left messages each day since. Let me qualify by saying that I told her she did not have to answer her phone for me, but that I was going to keep calling and encouraging her. The memorial for Mrs. Ewing is tomorrow at Buckhead Church at 11 am. BJ and I are going (and we're taking Sam... is that bad? I don't have anyone that could keep Sam - mom and dad are out of town, Beth and Cathy work, as well as anyone else I may trust and wouldn't feel bad asking...) Anywho - the plan is to sit in the back like we do at church, so we can get out quickly if necessary. I really just want to be there for Melissa and Jimmy, and this is the best way I know how!? Obviously, all I know about Mrs. Ewing is from the news, and it is just so devastating!!! I look at Sam and am so thankful that he can be carefree and oblivious to this nasty world around him for awhile - and my goal is to keep it that way as long as possible!!!

Onto happier life times...

Mama, Mari and I had a shower for Cathy at my house on Saturday. Mari did the invitations (so cute, and ironic, but I got the exact same invitation from Ms. Kathy for the small group shower on the EXACT same day... needless to say I was confused at first, but my blonde brain finally processed what happened!). Mama and I did the decorations and food. I must say, we had a blast doing it - we planned (imagine the two of us and our need for lists - there were lists for the lists), and started decorating a week before!!!!! We had so much fun together doing it! We ended up with an "It's a Boy / Summer" Theme! Here are some pictures of the decor...

Here's the kitchen table where we served the punch - BJ was the designated blower-upper guy... and we had quite a few things that needed his hot air!!!! We used our hands to make the footprints - not Sam!!!!!!
Here's the dining room table with the food... again with the footprints!!!!Close-up of the centerpiece...The server in the dining room...Here's James, who held the leis (which everyone received when they came in and the party favors they got when they left...Here's the fireplace. I made the diaper cake, which was Cat's gift from me and BJ - and we put all our baby pictures on the mantle and played Kimberly's "Name that Baby" game!!!!
Speaking of the diaper cake... Yes, I attempted another diaper cake. This one, I created a list (since I actually felt that I had a little baby experience behind what was on the cake) to explain some of it!!!! It had all kinds of stuff from diapers (duh) to Gripe Water to pacis to receiving blankets to lap pads to a pee pee T pee to earplugs (for Jason - or Cathy if she needs to drown out Jason!)... again - I had fun making it and building it. And, again, it would have been a pile of STUFF had BJ not been here to make it stand!

The shower went great. We had abot 18 people, and Cat got a lot of good stuff (like the chair that we had to run out and buy for Sam!!!!). Beth, Cathy's sister was there. And, get this, she is pregnant too (with her second) and due two WEEKS after Cathy!!!!!! Poor Ms. Carole!!!!! She is having a girl and naming her Kloe (she has a boy named Kegan - I think I spelled it right!?). Isn't that just an adorable name? I love it! They are two of the CUTEST preggy women I have ever seen!!!!!!! I am so excited for them both!!!!! I can't believe it, but Cathy is due in only TEN weeks!!!!!!!!!!! When I thought I had ten weeks, I really only had SIX!!!!!! Get ready Cat!!!!!

Here are all the girls we went to high school with that were at the shower!


BJ and I (and Sam) went to church today, and Sam slept through the service, so we actually made it through the whole thing!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

On our way, we stopped at Quick Trip for coffee, and BJ filled up my truck for me. He's so good this way, and WILL NOT let me EVER fill up my cars... love him for that (amongst other reasons). Well, I went in and got the coffees while he pumped. I asked him if he was paying at the pump and thought I heard him say yes. So, I paid for the coffees and came back out. We started getting in the truck and he asked me why I had change, to which I said I just paid cash. He asked, "Didn't you pay for the gas?" I said, "No, I though you did." So, he had to run back in and pay!!!!!!! Wouldn't that be a news-worthy story????

COUPLE FILLS UP AND DRIVES OFF WITHOUT PAYING - POLICE FINALLY CATCH THEM... AT CHURCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, my... and it had begun.

I put a Coke can on the bumper this afternoon, loaded the stroller and diaper bag (BJ was loading Sam), and hit the button for the hatch to close... yeah, we hear this God-aweful crunching noise. BJ goes back and retrieves the CRUSHED Coke can!!!!!!! Oops!!!!!!!!!!!

All day, it seems that I was not firing on all 12 cylinders - not even eight!!!! (You see, I am convinced that my brain MUST be a V-12 engine, not just a V-8!!!!!!!) Lately it seems to be barely a 4-cylider!!!! But at least it's a fiesty 4-cylinder!!!!!

Oh! And I was so excited about the pantry shelves (that Sam read BJ the instructions - or DEstructions - for) that I started "organizing"... this is how far I got!!!
It will still be there tomorrow! =)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi!
    I'm back to check your blog again and you just keep the great posts coming! Do you know of any great websites that sell baby shower centerpiece. I've seen a few good ones but I think www.diapergifts.com make the best I have seen. You have got a great blog and I will be back to check it out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home