My Take on Life...

What's going on in my world...

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Nursery is Coming Along!

Well, Saturday was my second baby shower. Lyndsey did a wonderful job - it was so cute and the food was very yummy - I'll share her recipe for Front Porch Tea... it's SO GOOD!!! Now, there's ALWAYS something that I do (and it seems to become magnified when Mama is involved... we miss exits when driving, we end up at the wrong place - such as last weekend, etc). Well, this one was all me - the weather was yucky, so we had the umbrella out. I helped Mama in (she was carrying my gift, which was the swing =) and then was trying to get the umbrella down. I just couldn't get it, so I wrestled with it for awhile, then Lyndsey came out and came to my rescue - got it in one try!!!! Well, I got inside and realized that I was bleeding - nothing serious, but, yes, yet another "Tammy-ism"!!!!! There's always something, huh? Despite the weather, the shower had a great turn-out, and we had a blast! When Mama and I got home, we (well, BJ) hung the curtains - which Mama had made, and we made up the crib. It is really looking like a little baby room... BJ and I go in there each night and just look around... amazed!!!!

Right now, my parents are at my house. Mama is painting the tree for Pooh and Tigger to swing from, and she and my dad have also made some Pooh character cut-outs that are going to attach to the crown at the top of the walls... I can't wait to see it!!!!! They are so awesome for taking so much time on the nursery. Daddy is helping hang and paint - so I know they are both working hard. I feel so guilty knowing they are working in my house, and I'm just a little "Queen Bee" waiting for it to be done!!!! They need a vacation! They have so much they need and want to be doing at home and at the farm... they are the best parents in the world - because of what they do, but, more than that, because of WHY they do it and HOW they do it! They love us and want nothing more than to be a part of our lives and Sam's life!

Front Porch Tea
-Bring 2 cups of water to boil and stir in 1 cup of sugar (set aside)
-Bring 2 cups of water to boil and steep 2 Lipton Family-Sized tea bags (5 min)
-Stir sugar and tea mixtures together and add 8 cups of water
-Stir in 1 12-oz. can of lemonade concentrate (unfrozen)
-Stir in 1 T. vanilla extract
-Stir in 1 T. almond extract
-Chill and serve with fresh sliced peaches (optional)
Makes 12 servings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home