My Take on Life...

What's going on in my world...

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Memorial

BJ and I went to Mrs. Ewing's memorial yesterday. We took Sam, who was an absolute angel! Of course!

First of all, BJ and I were there 20 minutes early - great considering we were trying to be there an hour early!!!!! There was no room left in the auditorium OR the two theatres! (We were at Buckhead Church), so they pulled chairs into the hallways so the leftover people could watch the monitors. WOW! That right there is a testimony of this lady.

Each of her three children gave a testimony. That right there is amazing, but each of them talked about how she taught them God's Word and God's Love and Grace their whole lives. She encouraged them to spend time with God in His Word daily. She encouraged them to memorize scripture. Her daughter said it best when she was talking about memorizing scripture: she said that her mom told her to hide God's Word in her heart so that when bad things happen, she would have the power and comfort of God. She knew that her mom was remembering scripture as all these aweful things were happening to her!

This family is truly amazing, and, although I know they must have their weak moments, they were incredibly strong and such an awesome testimony for God yesterday. There ARE still good people in this world.

Keep praying for this family - you can see the strength they are gaining from all of the prayers.

SO, Sam and I dropped BJ back off at work and headed home. Apparently, I turned a road sooner than I meant to, and, as I was lost in thought, I didn't realize it until I was far enough that I didn't want to turn around. I ended up in Brookhaven at the Marta station - kept going, passed Ogelthorpe University, then, as I was reaching 285 (and dreading the decision of which way to go =), I saw a sign that said "To 85." I thought, OK, I'll just go a little out of my way and just skip 285 and go to 85. SO, I find myself going down Clairmont =). I should've known it would be a really round-about way, but I decided to do it anyway!!!!!!! Drove all the way down Clairmont, got on 85 (the right way), and finally made it home. By that time, I had a screaming hungry little man in the back!!!!!!!!! This poor child with the ultimate blonde mommy!!!!! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home