My Take on Life...

What's going on in my world...

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Class report and a short vent

So our first childbirth class on Tuesday went well - our instructor made it clear that we'll be there until 10 each night - we can sleep on Wednesdays... I always hated classes that started out that way! BJ leaned over to kiss me good-night on Wednesday only to find himself in a puddle of drool - guess I took the teacher literally! =) Nonetheless, she's a good teacher. Random, but a girl that I used to work with and her boyfriend are in our class! Good ministry opportunity, I think! We learned some beginning breathing and relaxation techniques... I think BJ's afraid I'm going to bite his hand off if he touches me (relaxation technique where he touches where I'm tense) when I'm "tense." He could be right, but I didn't know I was that scary!!!

Can I just take a moment and complain??? I know I really DON'T have anything to complain about, but I just need a moment... My legs and ankles are so swollen that I can't wear most of my shoes - even in the AM when I get up!!! I drink fluids like I'm supposed to, avoid salt for the most part (but sometimes those Tostitos call my name and I can't help it), keep my feet raised as much as possible, etc - they actually HURT by the end of the day! Sam has gotten up into my ribs a few times, and it HURTS!!! When I am sitting or laying down, I feel like a turtle that's stuck on it's shell and can't turn over (and I'm sure it's pretty comical to watch) - it's such a production to get myself up - especially from the floor, which I, for some reason, seem determined to sit on the floor an aweful lot! Thank goodness, I still sleep pretty good (reference drooling) - except for the minimum of three trips to the bathroom each night - and my hips - man, they hurt if I stay on one side too long! OK - I'm done with that part now!!!! I'm back to being happy and thankful and all that good stuff!!!

Now the beautiful part: Sam gets the hic-ups pretty much everyday - and I LOVE holding my belly and feeling him. He moves around A LOT, and I LOVE seeing him poke his butt (or something) up through my belly. Look at me, I'm bonding!!!!!

That being said, I can't wait to see him and I'm ready to be "me" again, but I still don't feel like we're ready for him to come home yet!!!!!!!!???????? I wonder if I will reach that point before he's born - we'll find out in six weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home