My Take on Life...

What's going on in my world...

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Hormonal Meltdown

Well, Sam and I (Mama took us this time) went to the doctor yesterday. Sam is doing great, although, the Dr. TRIED to worry me by asking if he had been moving... he is a rolly-poly all the time, but I had taken the day off work and was moving around a lot, so I had not felt him but a couple of times. She said that I needed to do kick counts and call them immediately if I had not felt movement. Well, she did an external exam of my belly, and Sam kicked her a good bit - so she backed that train up and said that he was fine!!! BUT, I have now gained SIX pounds in the last two weeks. She was concerned about this (rightfully so), and was asking about my diet. Nothing has changed in how or what I eat - I actually eat pretty healthy... fruits, veggies, etc. If I eat cookies or ice cream or anything, I eat them in moderation - I don't eat dozens of doughnuts or anything!!!!!! Well, then I (actually Mama) showed her my beautiful kankles that are the size of softballs... that explained THAT weight problem - I am retaining fluids, and therefore I have that excess weight to contend with - and it's just in my legs and kankles. I also had keytones in my lab results that indicated high sugar concentrate or something. I've NEVER had to deal with "health" problems before, so this is all hitting me like a ton of bricks - what have I been doing wrong? Can I fix it? Do I have to be this way for the next six weeks???? Consensus: I have to drink 10+ glasses of water a day, eat more frequent small meals, and keep my feet up AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!!! I also have to go back and have another lab test on Monday morning (they wanted me to come Friday afternoon, but we have Authentic Weekend starting, so I couldn't logistically make that work =)!!!!

Well, Mama and I went to Wal-Mart, and she got me a 'Bubba Keg' that holds 34 oz. and I am to drink FOUR of those while I'm at work! THEN, I have to drink more once I get home! BJ packed me a lunch of champions... snacks, smaller "lunch" and more snacks! We have had ice bags on my feet each night (which really don't do much more than make my feet feel like FAT ice cubes!!!) That night after the Dr. visit, I melted down on BJ - I really don't know WHY I was crying, I just couldn't stop! He was sweet - and of course wants to know why and what he can do! I guess that's how men operate - problem, fix it, next. I just needed to cry I guess! He was good with that, though! And, for some reason, the next morning, after he left at 6 am, I couldn't go back to sleep and I just laid in bed crying for an hour before I had to get up for work!!! I'm over it now, I guess... I have been dry for a good 24 hours now! It was just a minor hormonal meltdown!!!

Speaking of Authentic Weekend... I have 12 or more girls spending the night last I heard! Should be GREAT for helping me to keep my feet up and relax and NOT be tired!!! Lyndsey is a God-send, though... she called (right after I had gotten back from the Dr. and was all emotional) and said that she would be staying with me too so that she can help me keep them under control!!!! God had everything to do with that!!!! Pray for me this weekend - but pray more-so for the kids - that they will come away from this weekend with a new/refreshed feeling of their faith and God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home