My Take on Life...

What's going on in my world...

Monday, March 13, 2006

My last shower

Well, the title could be a little misleading!!! I have not given up on bathing - I promise! I had my last baby shower on Saturday - it was a Mother/Daughter shower with my friends from High School, and Melissa and her mom (I have only known her since college, but she's still one of my bestest friends in the world... so it seems like I have known her as long as these other girls!). It was a lot of fun - everyone hung around afterwards and we chatted and had some "catch-up" time! We never run out of things to talk about - but we're girls, I guess that's to be expected! Cathy and Jess and Ms. Carole did an awesome job - everything was SO CUTE, and it was obvious that they put a lot of time and thought into everything! The food was SO YUMMY - I had not eaten when I got there, but I did it on purpose, b/c I knew there would be a lot of good food! I think Sam enjoyed it too!!! They will not understand just how much I appreciate all that they did! Mama and Nanny came with me - and between them, we now have all of our "big" stuff... the pack and play, furniture, cradle, breast pump, swing, etc. BJ's dad & Inny got us the travel system this weekend too, so we are completely set with all that kind of stuff!

BJ and I took 'inventory' in the nursery, and made a rather large Target and Babies R Us run to finish off the other items we were missing that we absolutely will need when Sam gets home (sheets, mattress pads, bottles, etc) - just STUFF - that adds up pretty quickly!!!!! We have no complaints whatsoever, though, because this is the first big spending we have had to do for the baby - our family and friends have been SO generous, and we are SO grateful!!!!

Sam has been a rolly-poly lately - it feels like he's huge in there! Tomorrow is class #2 for our birthing classes... They go by quickly, but, man, 10 pm is late when you're getting out and trying to get home! I have another Dr. appointment on Wednesday - Mama is coming to go with me to that one! THEN, this weekend, I have 12 9th and 10th grade girls spending the night on Friday and Saturday night!!!!! I don't know what I was thinking - apparently, I was in my second trimester when I agreed to this and was feeling energetic and not-so-big yet!!!! I have lost sleep stressing, I'm not gonna lie, but it will be great to bond with my girls, and I can sleep later... like, when I'm dead!!!!!!! God knows what He's doing - He may be calling me an idiot from up there on this one, though!? He'll help me through it! It will be worth it, and once the weekend gets going, I will have forgotten that I was stressing! And it will at least give me some good blog stories for next week!!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    I loved being able to see you on Sat - you looked beautiful and it was soooo good to spend time with you and your mother. Nanny was wonderful as usual. :)

    Love you bunches...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home