My Take on Life...

What's going on in my world...

Friday, March 10, 2006

Pictures... Finally

Alright... As promised (over a week ago)... Pictures of the nursery!!!! As cute and impressive as it is in the pictures, it's even better in person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Very Cute, huh??? And Mama says she's not talented or gifted!!!!???? The tree is painted on the wall, and Pooh, Tigger, the butterflies, the honey pot and bumblebees are all made from wood. (Mama free-handed them, then Daddy cut them out and Mama painted them... they're so good!!!!) Also, you may notice the heads hanging off the molding at the top - they did 5 Pooh characters' heads, and Daddy fixed them where they will hang... from the molding that BJ put up with the rope lights in it. You can't really tell, but they are on in the pictures! Again, you just can't get the FULL effect from the pictures! They all worked SO HARD on this... I absolutely love it!!!

Next (and far less exciting), since I'm a picture-posting expert now... I made a diaper cake for Beth and Mattie for one of their showers. It was a table decoration, but it's also USEFUL... I got most of the stuff from their registry - it has cloth diapers, teethers, toys, hat and booties, pacifiers, and all kinds of stuff on it! I was really excited at how well it turned out - although the bear on top looks kinda like a thug, but the sunglasses were too cute to pass up! I must give credit where credit is due - BJ is the reason it actually stands!!! I love the builder/architect in him - I have an idea, and he makes it stand and work!!!!! (We just won't mention the gingerbread house "we" built when we were dating!!! =)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the nursery is too cute! your parents did a great job! how nice to have talent like that in the family... we had to hire people to do both of ours...we are SO unartistic. I'm also glad to see you are enjoying the fun times of childbirth classes until 10 pm... and excess saliva - one of the many joys of pregnancy that people fail to mention.

     
  • At 2:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi!
    I'm back to check your blog again and you just keep the great posts coming! Do you know of any great websites that sell baby gift. I've seen a few good ones but I think www.diapergifts.com make the best I have seen. You have got a great blog and I will be back to check it out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home