My Take on Life...

What's going on in my world...

Monday, March 20, 2006

We Made It

Well, we made it - we're TIRED, but we made it!!! Authentic Weekend was wonderful - the band was awesome, Stuart Hall was awesome, and the kids were awesome - really they were (barring the one incident where a golf cart was flipped)! I counted it up, and between Friday and Saturday nights, we got 10 hours of sleep - definitely not great for a pregnant woman, but, considering the surrounding circumstances, not too bad! Honestly, though, I am glad it's over! By Sunday, I was exhausted! BJ and I left after the 9:30 hour, ran our cars through Carnetts (they were trashed too), and went home.

BJ had a stomach bug or something because he was nauseated all day - bless his heart! I had swollen kankles AND legs and could barely move (seriously, I couldn't bend my knees past 90 degrees b/c of the swelling)! We were a sad sight! We get home, and walk into the crunch-crunch of the house (or what was left of it =). I bet 5 complete pop-tarts could have been made from the crumbs on the kitchen floor!!!! And the living room wasn't much better - 1/2 a bag of Doritos were left on the floor (no, not IN the bag)!!! The nacho cheese kind - and they were ground into the carpet pretty good. Now, plates were provided AND encouraged; however, they weren't used (obviously) - but, my question is: do they do this at home??? If so, their poor parents!!! I know I'm not perfect, but, come on; when you're talking and eating, and half of what you put towards your mouth doesn't make it in, why not pick it up and try again???? Moving onto the bathrooms... thank goodness I kept solace in the master bath - only Lyndsey, Honey and I used that bathroom! The others... well, make-up, hair, two nights, teenage girls... I won't go into more details!!!! Can I just give an honorable mention to the downstairs bathroom, though? I have a decorative "shower" curtain hanging in front of the tub - there is NO REAL shower curtain - just fabric that hangs OUTSIDE of the shower... well, two girls took showers in there anyway!!!??? They "pointed the water toward the wall" at least, so the bathroom and curtain were only mildly soaked!!!!! It's just water... if it was more, I don't want to know - and the bathroom "recovered" just fine!!!!!

Well, walking into that, BJ and I couldn't relax (there was no clean place to put ourselves - even the couch needed a major vacuuming!!!) until we cleaned the house up. We did a big/major cleaning - and we only took about two hours (pretty good considering BJ had to stop to puke a couple of times, and I was grandma-slow moving around!)... then we fell on the couch and stayed there until 8:30... went to bed and slept SO GOOD!!!!!! Good news... BJ felt better this morning, although he still called in sick - his stomach is still not GREAT; and my calves and kankles went down some!

We went to the Dr. this morning - the Keytones were gone (couldn't remember what they were called last time from the lab tests), and they weren't as concerned about my kankles b/c my blood pressure and lab tests were all normal. I am still instructed to wear flip-flops and keep my feet up as much as possible, though! There was another exciting event at the Dr, but I am not yet able to divulge what it was/is... so stay tuned!!!!! IT'S A GOOD ONE!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home