My Take on Life...

What's going on in my world...

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

We're "Educated"

So our Birthing classes came to an end last night with the grand finale video of five women giving birth. First of all the video was, yet again, from the 80's, but I contest that the breast feeding video was freakier than this one! It was not at all like ER or the movies where these women are screaming and yanking their husbands around telling them they're never allowed to touch them again!!! It almost even made me tear up watching them bring the baby up and put it on the mom's chest - that's gonna be me in a few weeks! Now, I couldn't help but laugh at this one couple where the wife was pushing and the husband was so caught up in the moment that he was smothering her and you could see her turning her head trying to get a breath!!! Watch out BJ - you do that, and I WILL have to use force! =) I guess, since class has concluded, that this means we are educated and ready... sure - since BJ and I tend to make fun of each other when we're doing the breathing and what-not, then trying to be serious and it not working out so well! I'm sure we'll do just fine once we get in there - BJ took good notes, and I told him it's up to him to tell me what to do and when!!!!

I can't say that I'm "looking forward" to giving birth, but I AM looking forward to FINALLY seeing this little baby that has been wriggling around and punching me the past few months - and I am excited to share the experience of our first child being born with my husband. And, some may think it's kooky, but I am SO GLAD that my mom 1- WANTS to be there, and 2- that she WILL be there! She's going to be able to experience the birth of her baby having a baby, and she' going to see her first grandchild being born. There's something about my mom and our relationship (BJ says God just took a Xerox of Mama and made me) that calms me and gives me strength to get through whatever challenge I am experiencing! And nothing beats a mother's touch and reassuring voice! I am just lucky to have her AND BJ assuring and comforting me through this! And, cooler than that, BJ and Mama have such a great relationship that HE'S excited to have her there too! It's not too far away now!!!!!!!!!

I went to see Stacey, Ryan and little Riley on Monday - he is so teeny, but ADORABLE! He has some feet that aren't so tiny, though - I say basketball must be in his future!!! They went home yesterday, so I'm gonna call and find out how that first night went!?

(Yes, I have pictures, but, no, this site doesn't want to upload them for some reason!? I'll try again today and see if it's in a better mood!?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home