My Take on Life...

What's going on in my world...

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Old Enough to Know Better

We had a great weekend at the lake... we actually got the boat out for the first time this summer!!! We tubed, we wake boarded, rode in the boat, rode the Mule (Mama and Daddy's diesel golf-cart-like thing - and Sam's favorite), watched T.V., ate A LOT, and had great family time in general.

All of that sounds innocent enough, but, as Daddy was slinging us behind the boat, and Mama's telling him to go faster and turn harder, I wondered to myself: "At what point are we no longer kids? And at what point am I old enough to know better than to do this to myself?"

As I sit here with a sore body, bruised legs and skinned-up elbows... I realize that I am just still too young to care --- yet!!!!! It's fun, and I don't want to give it up!!!!!

Having my own child HAS indeed tamed me a little, because, as I was wakeboarding, I kept thinking, "I have to be able to take care of Sam tomorrow!" Used to, I would just go and go until I couldn't hold onto the rope any longer... this weekend, I just went a few times so that I would still be able to lift my arms today!!!!!! I guess I HAVE grown up - just a little!!!!!

Bo and BJ, however, are a different story. They were behind the boat on the tube (guess it would have been silly NOT to be behind the boat =), and decided to play "King of the Tube." They were fighting and pushing each other off - it was hysterical to watch... and, yes, they are still kids (they obviously DON'T know better =). They are paying for it today, though! They both have to go to work and actually function - and I get to hear the moaning!!!!!!! That's ok, I told BJ so!!!!!!!! =)

My conclusion from this weekend is that - no, I'm not an "adult" yet, and I'm not in a hurry to get there AT ALL!!!!! I am just fine being a kid - just stinks that I have to do grown-up stuff sometimes!!!!!!

PS - I have a lot of pictures (go figure), but they are on Mama's camera, and she's bringing them to me tomorrow... so, I will add onto this blog when I get them!!!!! Because Sam was absolutely adorable!!!! He rode in the boat with his new life jacket - it was the funniest thing!!!! I think he took all of ONE nap between Saturday to Monday!!!! He didn't want to miss anything!!!! He was so good, though - as usual!!! He rolled over (back-to-front) for the first time on Sunday... now, I really think he could have done it sooner, he just doesn't enjoy tummy-time too much, so he never did. This time, I believe it was an accident, because he rolled immediately back to his back!!!! He has done it plenty of times since too, he just goes immediately back everytime!!!! He is a man!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home